Hunting for WSU gear in Pullman: Best place to buy a gift

When it comes to purchasing gifts, WSU students voted Walmart as the best place to shop. The Bookie came in second and Spirit Springs came in third.

“Save money, gift better” is the consensus with WSU students who have dubbed Walmart the best place to buy a gift.

“We have a variety of everything, so we’re going to have what they’re looking for,” Store Manager Jennifer Bruse said.

Walmart has been open at the Pullman location for four years after relocating from Moscow.

“We’re a store of the community,” Bruse said, adding that they’re glad to be here to support students as they pursue their education.

The Bookie came in second. General Manager Leslie Martin attributes much of this success to the popularity of school spirit gifts.

“We have everything that you’d ever want with a Cougar logo on it,” Martin said.

She added that the store also has a wide variety of items without logos, including books, greeting cards and decoration items that students can use to spice up their room’s décor.

Martin said people come in looking for gifts pretty consistently. Business gets better not just around holidays, but also in conjunction with Greek events like the Big-Little Reveal.

Spirit Springs Day Spa in Moscow came in third. Services at Spirit Springs include manicures, pedicures, facials, tanning, body wraps and waxing.

Reporting by Hannah Ray Lambert