My father taught what the perfect gentleman looks like

Living in a household of women, he was no stranger to crazy.

My dad, the most patient person I’ll ever know, wants so much for his wife and daughters. He has shown my family unconditional love, while teaching me to never sell myself short.

I’ve never known someone who has such a passion for life. My Dad taught my sister and I that there’s nothing that can’t be done. He genuinely believes it and loves to see not only his daughters, but also others succeed. His belief in potential makes you want to be better.

My dad inspired my mom and a number of his friends to run marathons, snowboard, skydive, motorbike, jump off waterfalls, and mountain bike. He lives his life like there’s nothing too big to take on, and he taught me how to overcome my own fears.

He is not only in love with life, but is completely infatuated with my mom. It is seriously out of a novel the way the two are when they’re together, and it has probably set my standards unrealistically high. On our fridge there’s a magnet that reads, “Happiness is being married to your best friend,” and as corny as it sounds, they confirm it.

They were made for each other and my dad constantly lets my mom know it. Every morning he’ll send her a text telling her how much he loves her, so she can read it when she wakes up and he’ll randomly send her flowers. He adores her. After all this time they still joke around and act like teenagers.

The way my dad looks at my mom is the way every woman deserves to be looked at.

-Alyssa Reynolds is a senior communication major from Ferndale. She can be contacted at 335-2290 or by [email protected]. The opinions expressed in this Column are not necessarily those of the staff of The Daily Evergreen or those of Student Publications.