Prepare to enjoy full re-opening of WSU’s eateries

Explore all options WSU, Pullman offer; even pickiest eater will find something to enjoy

There+are+many+great+places+to+eat+on+campus%2C+from+Einsteins+Bros.+Bagels+on+Northside+to+Flix+Cafe+on+Southside.+

LAUREN PETTIT

There are many great places to eat on campus, from Einstein’s Bros. Bagels on Northside to Flix Cafe on Southside.

CARSON HOLLAND, Evergreen columnist

July is slowly wrapping up, which means that students will begin coming to campus in a little less than a month.

The prospect seems exciting and daunting for the community and students alike, as everyone returns to a semblance of normality and in-person activities. Not everyone will be cooking their meals, especially with dining plans ramping back up, so I thought it prudent to highlight some tips about eating on and off-campus! 

Coming into Pullman for my freshman year, I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of restaurants the community had to offer and the on-campus options. Even in my senior year, I have not tried everything, and I am sure there are quite a few hidden gems around the town I have missed. 

After reading this, hopefully, you will have a glimpse of all the different food options on the Palouse, but I would encourage you to explore on your own. It always seems like the best restaurants are ones that you discover by accident. So take these as a starting point, but this is by no means an exhaustive list, just some ideas! 

On-Campus Options

• Generally speaking, the three dining halls on campus provide a wide range of food that helps you find something that even the pickiest eater will enjoy. Hillside, Northside and Southside all have a dining hall in their vicinity, but I would recommend taking a walk to try all three to see which one fits your preferences more. Make sure to keep an eye on the times the dining halls are open, though! 
  • Several non-dining halls take Residential Dining Accounts such as the various marketplaces, Flix Cafe and Einstein’s Bros. Bagels. The tradeoff is that there is not as great of a discount, but they offer some delicious options, like the infamous Flix milkshake.
  • The Compton Union Building hosts a few restaurants, including Subway, Pizza Pipeline, Carlita’s and Panda Express. The location is central to campus, which makes them easily accessible, but if you want to get them between classes, especially at lunchtime, I would expect a long line at most of them! 

Off-Campus

• Pullman is home to a variety of restaurants too. There are various choices for Asian food from restaurants like 0-ramen, Popo, Azia, Tan’s Chinese Restaurant, Red Bento and a significant handful of others. The only difficulty I have found is narrowing down which one I like to go to the most! 
  • Birch and Barley, The Land, Sella’s Calzone & Pizza, Zoe Coffee & Kitchen, Porch Light Pizza and Paradise Creek Brewery are just a few restaurants on a sliding scale of prices that all deliver satisfying flavor for the everchanging cravings of returning students. 
  • Of course, Pullman is home to a variety of fast-food spots as well, hosting Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Arby’s, Jack in the Box and Dairy Queen. Unlike many restaurants, most of these have late hours, so they are an excellent late-night study break spot! 

Again, there are many more places in Pullman that are just waiting to be explored by you! Sometimes it is essential to take a day off of cooking and enjoy what Pullman or even your town offers. It certainly beats having to do dishes afterward! 

Enjoy!Â