Summer Orientation Counselor application closing soon

LATISHA JENSEN, Evergreen life editor

Registration to apply for the 2018 summer leadership position as an orientation counselor closes Oct. 8.

OC’s must have a strong passion for WSU and be responsible for groups of students or parents over the duration of the summer, according to the WSU Orientation Counselor website, and many past OC’s have emphasized the rewarding experience that comes from this job.

OC’s help students and parents transition into and prepare for college life, by giving campus tours, helping with class schedules, answering questions and offering general support to incoming students and families, according to the website.

Qualifying applicants must be undergraduate sophomores, with 30 or more credits completed by Jan. 18, up to a graduated senior. Their GPA must be 2.5 or above, and selected OC’s will have to pass a background check, according to their website.

Once the application is filled out, students have to turn in two recommendation forms and then they will be notified of their application status by Oct. 13. Afterwards, applicants will go through one large and one small group interview, according to the website.

More information on the details of the application, requirements and the time-commitment can be found on the website, www.beanoc.wsu.edu, as well as the application form.