‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Cable 8’s ‘The Fratchelor’ follows 12 women trying to catch one WSU man

Assistant+Producer+Sam+Petrie%2C+left%2C+helps+Cable+8%E2%80%99s+%E2%80%9CFratchelor%E2%80%9D+Jake+Bauman+attach+a+microphone+for+the+filming+of+episode+four+on+Wednesday.+
Assistant Producer Sam Petrie, left, helps Cable 8’s “Fratchelor” Jake Bauman attach a microphone for the filming of episode four on Wednesday.

KIERA CLUBB | The Daily Evergreen

KIERA CLUBB | The Daily Evergreen

MORGAN LESTER, Evergreen reporter

One of Cable 8’s most recent productions has been “The Fratchelor,” which follows Jake Bauman, a member of Phi Kappa Tau, as he chooses from 12 women who are each vying for his heart.

“I tweeted and asked how many people would like to see ‘The Bachelor’ on campus,” Director Zach Anders said. “The tweet got a few hundred retweets and a few hundred likes, and that was when we started taking seriously that we could have the potential to really make something unique.”

The show took shape from there, Anders said, and by the end of spring semester last year, they had pitched and won the ability to produce the show with Cable 8. Mainly working with Executive Producer Emma Jerome, they put together the show and worked out the main concepts, and then selected the cast.

“So, we had an applicant process, of an application and then an in-person screening,” Anders said. “And during that process, we were looking for people who would be willing to contribute to the entire show.”

He explained that the application process was lopsided, as while more than 60 students applied, only a handful of the applicants were men seeking the bachelor position, but it resulted in a good grouping as filming began.

“These long nights and the intense amount of work that goes into shooting and editing, has been fulfilled by the entire group that we’re working with,” Anders said. “They’re probably some of the best people I’ve been around. They’re fun, and there’s a lot of energy … What impressed me the most was, surprisingly, that most of the girls hadn’t met each other before this, but they became instant friends, and inseparable from the first shoot.”

Anders went on to comment that most of the scenes within the show are not scripted, and that each episode has been the genuine interactions of the group in each of their situations. A majority of the drama occurs on its own and is just what unfolds during each of their shoots.

“The Fratchelor’s” latest episode took the group on an adventure through the haunted St. Ignatius Hospital in Colfax, where many of the cast interacted with the supposed spirits that roam the halls. The show can be found on Cable 8’s Youtube channel. The episodes air every Monday or Tuesday, with some production gaps in between.

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Letter from the Mint editor: My survival instincts benefited from killer dolls

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Coug Fever infecting people campus wide, running rampant

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Movie review: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Should film be considered an art form

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Poets are more than just a big ball of emotions

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

King of Booze recovering from a cold, still drinking booze

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

SATIRE: Resident Adviser recalls home invasion, fear

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Common Reading “Soonish,” not just for STEM

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Booze News: pairing popcorn, champagne

• ‘Fratchelor’ brought to life

Mint

Conical Collaborations supports students

‘Fratchelor’ brought to life