Seahawks will win the NFC West Division

The previously highflying Arizona Cardinals are falling faster than a bird without its wings, which is opening the door for the Seattle Seahawks to reclaim the NFC West Division.

While the Cardinals had an amazing first half of the season, where in their first ten games they won nine games and only lost to the Denver Broncos in Week Five. They were considered to be locked into the NFC West Division’s top seed. The downfall of the Cardinals began when their quarterback, Carson Palmer, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee in the game against the division rival the St. Louis Rams, which would be the end of his season.

Arizona then turned to veteran quarterback Drew Stanton to fill the shoes of the injured Palmer. This is where the real problem started. From the game after Palmer got hurt, the Cardinals held record of 1-3, where the only win came against the Detroit Lions.

The upcoming schedule does not help the Cardinals in any way to keep their first place spot in the division. With only four weeks left in the NFL season, the Cardinals will have to face the Chiefs at home, the Rams in St. Louis, the Seahawks at home and the 49ers at Levi Stadium. This is an unforgiving way to end the season as they have to play all of their division rivals and the Chiefs, who have been inconsistent in recent weeks. Their best hope for Arizona is to finish the season 3-1 as they will have a hard time beating the Seahawks who have already won their first meeting of the season 19-3.

Seattle’s schedule is very similar to the Cardinals’ in the regard of facing one out-of-division opponent then all of their NFC West rivals. However, the Eagles have been struggling under the command of quarterback Mark Sanchez who replaced the injured Nick Foles. The Seahawks have already proved their skills against the Cardinals and 49ers with wins in their previous games and have a good chance to win against the Rams, even though they lost their previous game against them. The Hawks have a good chance at finishing the remainder of the season either 4-0 or 3-1 which would put them in prime position to take the NFC West title.

With the Cardinals falling out of the sky and the Seahawks rising up to fill their position, the rest of the NFL season favors the Seahawks over the Cardinals to lead the NFC West.