Letter from the Mint editor: Mint is on hiatus

Mint editor needs to focus on passing student fee to save the Evergreen

GABRIELLA RAMOS, Evergreen mint editor

As you turn the pages expecting to read your weekly dose of sarcastic college culture, you will notice that the Mint section is not in today’s paper. Unfortunately, over at the Evergreen we’re spread pretty thin.

As you may have noticed, I am also running the campaign for the Student Media fee. For this reason, I will be taking a few weeks off from creating the Mint section for print. Any timely content will be posted online or picked up by the Life or Opinion sections.

This was a very difficult decision to make, as I think arts and culture play a vital role in bringing together the community and contributing to improving the campus climate, especially in a time of steep budget cuts that affect our friends and fellow Cougs.

But this referendum is the most important thing the Evergreen is facing. If I want to continue to deliver satirical and punchy stories to students, I need to be on the campaign trail fighting for the publication that has given me these opportunities.

Mint will begin running in print again after spring break. Until then, make sure to check out our stories online and in other sections.

GABRIELLA RAMOS, Evergreen mint editor
Gabriella Ramos is a junior strategic communication major from Aurora, Illinois. She is pursuing minors in business administration and French. During her time at the Evergreen, she has worked as life editor, managing editor and editor-in-chief. In her free time, she enjoys relaxing with her cats and discussing current events with her co-workers.