Letter from the editor: Communication key to success

MADISON JACKSON, Evergreen editor-in-chief

Again, thank you WSU for passing the Student Media fee. With this $5 fee in the fall and spring semesters, we will strive to continue representing you as accurately as possible.

Undergraduates passed the fee with 50.8 percent and graduate passed the fee with 52 percent. To the other 48.9 percentĀ  and 47.8 percent who voted against us, make use of these $10.

Let us know what you want to see from us. Come down to Murrow Hall, Room 122, to talk to the people that create the paper. Comment on Facebook. Tweet at us. Submit news tips. Submit letters to the editor. Your voice is whatā€™s most valuable to us because your voice saved us.

Summer print publication is back, and we can continue printing five days a week during the school year for the foreseeable future.

Part of being a journalist is having a thick skin, and the other part is knowing when to have fun. We changed our tagline this semester to emphasize what our mission has always been ā€” serving students and telling the truth.

But our tagline ā€” ā€œNo PR. No BS. No Retreatā€Ā ā€” is not just about us. Itā€™s about you. Submit taglines to [email protected] to be considered for publication. We will use editorial discretion in what we accept, but let us know what you would like to see.

Yesterday, we were so ecstatic we changed our tagline to ā€œNo PR. No BS. Lit AF. Thank you WSU studentsā€ because we felt we needed more than an article to show our gratitude.

You are why we do what we do. Let us know what we can do to make your experience better. And letā€™s have a little fun while weā€™re at it.