International business school ranked nationally

The Washington State University Carson College of Business is one of the United States’ top 100 schools. In a recent U.S. News & World Report, the undergraduate international business program was ranked 22nd overall and 13th among public national universities.

WSU’s Carson College of Business Director of Communications Sue McMurray explained some of the reasons the international business program is thriving.

“This continues a tradition of excellence in international business of more than 25 years,” McMurray. “The college is home to WSU’s strongest study abroad program and its global learning requirement, (which) established the college as a leader among business schools regarding development of global business leaders.”

The U.S. News & World Report, which researched and published the ranking, has been researching such list items for 80 years, according to its website.

“The 2015 rankings reflect our ongoing investment in developing global business leaders and creating value through research and scholarship,” said David A. Whidbee, interim dean at the college. He added that he is optimistic for continual positive outcomes from the College of Business.  

For junior international business student, Alexandra Nisbet, news of the ranking was reassuring.

“It’s a great feeling knowing that I chose a great school for my major. I feel like I’m being set up to succeed post-college,” Nisbet said.

David Sprott, senior associate dean for the Carson College of Business, said there are many reasons for the success of the international business program.

“Our rigorous courses really prepare students to get ready for international jobs,” Sprott said. “We want our students to get out and study abroad and immerse themselves into the culture and experience new things.”

Sprott added, “The Carson College of Business is lucky to have some great professors, but a lot of the success of the program is due to our students. We really do get to work with some amazing students.”

Reporting by Lexi Davenport