UREC starts semester with Demo Week

BY Staff Reports

WSU University Recreation is kicking off the new school year by offering free fitness classes for a week as well as a new online way for students to find the class that’s best for them.

Starting Monday through Aug. 31, UREC will be opening all gyms and pools for a week of classes at no cost for students who are looking to find new ways to get in shape.

All fitness classes that will be offered by UREC during this semester will be demonstrated at some point during Demo Week, from strength training to aerobics and yoga. No registration is required.

The first official session of fitness classes begin on Sept. 1, but those who wish to participate will have until Sept. 19 to register.  Those who register for two classes will receive $10 off their registration fee and a gift courtesy of University Recreation (while supplies last).

For those having difficulty deciding which class to attend, the UREC website has recently created a new search tool to help students find a workout customized to their goals, schedule and interests. The new Class and Trip Finder also has a feature that organizes classes by time of day.

According to the press release, “The class and trip finder is designed to help you make a decision based on what you really want.”

Demo Week will also feature outdoor classes as well as a peek into the university sport clubs and an outdoor obstacle course at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the SRC Backyard.

For more information on Demo Week and to use the Class and Trip Finder tool, visit urec.wsu.edu.