Rogers and Parchem release ASWSU 100-day plan

Their plan outlines 10 goals, including academic issues

IAN SMAY, Evergreen reporter

ASWSU President Savannah Rogers and ASWSU Vice President Tyler Parchem released their 100-day plan earlier tonight.

The plan outlines ten goals for the administration’s first 100 days in office. The list comes after “months of speaking with students, attending RSO meetings, sending out an all-campus survey, and social media outreach,” according to the news release.

The first goal includes re-opening Martin Stadium to the public following its closure nearly two years ago. The cause of the closure was littering by students using the field. They also want to turn off the lights in Martin Stadium in an effort to save money and energy.

Along with the littering of Martin Stadium, the second goal in their plan involves a clean-up day at Granite Point, also known as the cliffs, following the United States Army Corps of Engineers decision to close the area after a weekend of heavy usage left behind hundreds of pound of trash and graffiti on parts of the landmark.

The third goal addressed the creation of a fiscal health plan regarding student fees, with emphasis put on Service and Activities fees. Along with the publication of this plan, the pair’s fourth goal is to publish updates from five groups created in the wake of the sit-in at the French Administration building at the beginning of the fall 2017 semester.

They also plan to update the official ASWSU website more often to inform the public of the actions taken by the governing body and want to include a spot for student suggestions.

On the academic side, the administration said they plan to meet with each school within the university to create a four-year plan for all majors at WSU so students can be more informed on graduation requirements.

Transfer credits was another topic in the plan, as the new leaders want to reduce confusion over which credits are accepted by WSU. They want to increase the email efficiency from WSU in an effort to cut down on the amount of correspondence a student receives on a daily basis as well .

The final goal mentioned in the plan is to expand and promote the newly formed Cougar Health Fund, which former ASWSU President Jordan Frost and former ASWSU Vice President Garrett Kalt started in the spring.

Rogers and Parchem wrote that the plan did not contain the only goals the administration has, and encouraged people to reach out to discuss the list or suggest any additional ideas.