Marrion named assistant men’s basketball coach

WSU alumnus was promoted from previous position on staff

RYAN MOSHER, Evergreen sports editor

Tim Marrion has been named the newest WSU men’s basketball assistant coach after being promoted from his previous position as coordinator of basketball operations, WSU Head Coach Ernie Kent announced Thursday. Kenny Tripp is the new coordinator of basketball after serving previously as the assistant coordinator to Marrion.

In a WSU news release, Kent said that Marrion’s ties with the team make him a great fit.

“Tim is a tireless worker with an extremely high basketball IQ who has been a part of Washington State men’s basketball on-and-off for the last 10 years,” Kent said in the release. “He has a great relationship with the players, support staff and both the campus and Pullman communities and we’re happy to have him as an assistant coach.”

Marrion graduated from WSU in 2006 with a degree in sport management and spent three seasons as a student assistant for the basketball team.

RYAN MOSHER, Evergreen sports editor

Ryan Mosher is a sophomore multimedia journalism production major from Edmonds, and the fall 2018 sports editor. He joined the Evergreen in fall 2017 as a freshman reporter. He studies journalism out of a passion for storytelling. After graduating he hopes to serve in the U.S. Coast Guard. He can be reached at [email protected] or (509) 335-1140.