Waller Hall repaired over winter break

Students displaced by faulty valve moved back after holiday vacation

CHERYL AARNIO, Evergreen reporter

Rooms affected by a urinal leak in Waller Hall were patched and painted over winter break.

Phil Weiler, vice president of marketing and communications, said residents who had to move out in early December were able to move back in at the beginning of this semester.

Weiler said the valve that started the leak was replaced, along with the other valves in that restroom.

A student who lives in one of the six affected rooms said there were multiple leaks in his room, which required trash cans to catch the yellowish-brown liquid, according to a Daily Evergreen article.

The leaks in his room caused some of the paint to come off the ceiling, he said.

When the leaks started, he was moved to a guest room in Rogers Hall and stayed there for two weeks until the beginning of winter break, said the student.

He was told he could move back to Waller Hall after winter break because the room needed to be repaired.

CHERYL AARNIO, Evergreen reporter

Cheryl is a freshman multimedia journalism major from Kirkland, Washington.