Pullman welcomes dental clinic with grand opening

Newly established business will host benefit care coordinators to help those interested enroll

JAYCE CARRAL, Evergreen reporter

This story has been updated to remove an incorrect lead and correctly identify Unify Family Dental.

A new Pullman dental clinic is holding a grand opening Jan. 8 from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. There will be food, games and educational dental information available to attendees.

The Unify Family Dental Grand Opening will include tours of the facilities given by the clinic’s staff, said Clover Rinehart, dental clinic supervisor.

A mobile dental clinic, run by Doctor Elizabeth Harrington and a dental assistant, will be available to provide free pediatric dental screenings to those who are under 18, she said.

The clinic’s president and vice president, as well as the Mayor of Pullman, will be in attendance.

The Pullman clinic opened Nov. 19, 2018, Rinehart said.

“We are introducing ourselves to the community,” Rinehart said.

Unify Family Dental was created from the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) located in Yakima Valley, WA. The YVFWC is currently involved in 24 clinics in Washington and 11 clinics in Oregon, according to the YVFWC website.

The clinic accepts some medical insurances including Medicaid, Rinehart said. They provide services such as full general dentistry, fillings and crowns, she said.

“We saw a need for low income and underprivileged patients who need to receive care in this area,” Rinehart said.

During the event, there will be benefit care coordinators available to enroll those interested in receiving dental care, Rinehart said. The coordinators can help those who might qualify for state-assisted insurance.

Around 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. there will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Along with food and games, the event will also have face painting and photo booth services for those attending.

Unify Family Dental provides care for the whole family, Rinehart said.