Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Power Rankings – Week 3

January 22, 2019

1. Washington (Last: 4)

After handling Stanford and Cal, UW is the last remaining Pac-12 school without a conference loss, resulting in the top spot in this week’s power ranking. However, a trip to Eugene and Corvallis could change that this week.

1. Arizona (Last: 1)

A loss to Oregon sank U of A, last week’s top squad. The Wildcats did beat the Beavers to stay in the upper echelon of the conference. Arizona faces USC and UCLA this week in a crucial road trip.

1. Arizona State (Last: 2)

An undefeated week over Oregon and Oregon State kept the Sun Devils in the top three of the rankings. ASU heads to California to take on UCLA next week.

1. Oregon State (Last: 3)

An 0-2 road trip in Arizona dropped the Beavers to No. 4. OSU will have to pick up the pieces quickly, as they host WSU and UW this week.

1. UCLA (Last: 5)

UCLA fell to the Trojans last week in their only contest. The Bruins will face the two Arizona schools at home this week.

1. USC (Last: 7)

USC defeated cross-town rival UCLA in their only game last week. The Trojans face their toughest home stand of the season this week, hosting Arizona and Arizona State.

1. Utah (Last: 10)

Utah defeated Colorado in their only contest last week. The Utes head to the Bay Area next week to face Stanford and Cal, a road trip that could gain them some ground in the conference standings.

1. Oregon (Last: 6)

The Ducks split a tough road trip in the desert, knocking off Arizona before falling to the Sun Devils. A true top team, Oregon needs to be on their A-game this week when they host the Huskies and the Cougars.

1. Stanford (Last: 8)

Stanford split the Northwest road trip, falling to UW before walking over WSU. Stanford hosts the Mountain squads next week.

1. Colorado (Last: 9)

The Buffs fell to Utah in their only game last week. A pivotal Bay Area road trip awaits this week.

1. WSU (Last: 11)

The Cougars secured their first conference win of the season, comfortably defeating Cal before falling to the Stanford Cardinal. WSU heads to Oregon for a pair of tough road contests this week.

1. Cal (Last: 12)

After an 0-2 Washington swing, Cal sits at 0-6 in conference play this season. The Golden Bears will search for their first conference win this week as they host Colorado and Utah.

SHAWN P. O'CONNOR, Evergreen reporter

Shawn P. O'Connor is a junior broadcasting major from Oak Harbor, Wash., he worked with his local fire department when he was in high school.

The Daily Evergreen • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in