Hospital to recognize philanthropic efforts

Highest needs include orthopedic services, X-ray equipment

“It’s really a great way for someone who wants to distinguish themselves amongst others in the industry,” Rueben Mayes, PRH foundation chief development officer, says. “It’s a way to get their name out there and say they’re altruistic and that they're looking out for the community also.”

JENIN REYES | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

JENIN REYES | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

JENIN REYES | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

JAYCE CARRAL, Evergreen reporter

The Pullman Regional Hospital (PRH) Foundation will recognize local businesses for their financial contributions to PRH’s Homes for Health campaign.

Rueben Mayes, PRH foundation chief development officer, said local real estate brokers and realtors make philanthropic gifts to the hospital’s highest needs based on how many houses the realtors sold during April, May and June.

He said over $20,000 was donated to PRH last year during the campaign. This year, Mayes said over 30 businesses and individuals are involved in the campaign, and PRH hopes to raise between $40,000 and $50,000.

He said this year, the hospital’s highest needs include developing orthopedic services and new X-ray equipment. He said the donations will also fund the Regional High School Athletic Training Program and a 2,000-square-foot expansion of the hospital.

Mayes said PRH will recognize contributing businesses through radio commercials, print advertisements and personalized logos.

Mick Nazerali, Coldwell Banker Tomlinson managing broker, said the housing market is seasonal. The peak of home sells occur during April, May and June largely because that is when the academic calendar comes to an end, he said.

Mayes said there are varying donation levels for both individuals and businesses. The base level for individuals is $250 with the highest being $500. On the other hand, the base level for donations from corporations and businesses is $1,000.

“It’s really a great way for someone who wants to distinguish themselves amongst others in the industry,” Mayes said. “It’s a way to get their name out there and say they’re altruistic and that they’re looking out for the community also.”

Nazerali said Coldwell Banker Tomlinson was recognized last year as a community partner.

“It’s not so much as a gain than to support our community,” Nazerali said. “We thought, ‘What’s a better place [to donate] than our local hospital?’ ”

He said the campaign is a combined effort from the community to raise money for the hospital.

“It’s a great way to give back and keep the dollars locally,” Nazerali said. “The money that we’ve earned here is staying here.”

JAYCE CARRAL, Evergreen reporter

Jayce is a freshman double majoring in multimedia journalism and political science. Jayce prefers they/them pronoun, and loves Harry Potter and Lord of...