Serenading gentlemen for hire

From left to right, Vice President Zachariah Barnes, Nathan Salyer, Marcelo Martinez, secretary/treasurer Rick Flores and social chair William Methner sing in the CUB on Tuesday to advertise Phi Mu Alpha’s ‘Hire a Serenade’ event.

CHLOE GRUNDMEIER | Evergreen reporter

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”88d22a4e-edb5-11e6-9fcc-87fb60031030″}}

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching comes the stress of finding the perfect gift for that special someone, and a WSU music fraternity is offering serenades that Cougs can purchase for their significant others.

Junior music education major Tommy Hill, the president of Phi Mu Alpha, said he believes there is no better way to raise money for the fraternity than by sharing what they love to do.

“Our main service, our main philanthropy, is singing,” Hill said. “We thought, what would be a better way to make money for the fraternity than by spreading music the best way we can for Valentine’s Day?”

The main piece Phi Mu Alpha will offer is titled “A Serenade to a Girl,” which was written specifically for different chapters of Phi Mu Alpha to perform across the country.

“It’s such an awesome piece,” Hill said. “And halfway through, we all get down on one knee and present her with a flower.”

Hill said he believes this is a great opportunity for the Pullman community because of how unique the experience is for both the person who purchases it and the person who receives it.

“It’s special that Phi Mu Alpha offers this kind of event because it creates a memory that people won’t forget,” Hill said.

The fundraiser also provides the brothers of Phi Mu Alpha an opportunity to get their name out there. Hill explained they are always welcoming new members and the only requirement is an appreciation for music.

“Being in Phi Mu Alpha is unlike anything else I could imagine,” Hill said. “Unlike other fraternities, we don’t just have the frat in common, we also all have singing and music in common. I think that is what sets us apart from other Greek organizations.”

The brothers of Phi Mu Alpha will be tabling in the CUB every day this week from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. On-campus serenades with a single rose cost $10, off-campus serenades with a single rose cost $15, and serenades with a full bouquet on or off campus cost $30.

“It’s such a great gift,” Hill said. “If I was dating someone right now, I’d totally hire these guys for a serenade.”

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Dinner gives students harsh look at poverty

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Counselor creates safe space

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Holiday bazaar hosts town business booths

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Co-op shows off remodeled facility

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Community feast hopes to teach, safekeep history

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Sweet treat event showcases local business

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

‘Foreigner’ resonates with local cast director

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Artist fills Fine Arts building with splashes of color

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

WSU alumni want consumers to ‘drink differently’

• Serenading gentlemen for hire

Nutrition business strives to improve habits

Serenading gentlemen for hire