The Daily Wildcat is not responsible for the Megan Coghlan article

Editor:

Congrats on your win over the Arizona Wildcats on Saturday, but in light of some emails and voicemail messages I’ve received from WSU fans, I wanted to write and clear the air. The Daily Wildcat did not publish the controversial piece written by our co-sports editor Megan Coghlan for a Yahoo Sports blog known as The Post Game, yet we received many awful online comments. The comments were cruel, derogatory and way out of proportion with Megan’s piece.

The phone numbers for the sports desk and my own office line have been tweeted out, and some fans have told me they plan to spread my email to everyone in the community. That’s fine and well, but I have no response to those emails because I did not read the piece before it ran, nor did it print in the campus paper.

I have no plans to fire Megan for one ill-advised trash-talk blog post for another publication, and the responses suggesting physical harm or suicide have been incredibly inappropriate.

While we congratulate you on your win, we also urge that you keep it classy, WSU. It was a good football game and in the spirit of good sportsmanship, we ask that you please stop sending personal attacks to Megan as though she’s a representative of the entire UA football team and its fan base.

I wish the Cougs the best of luck against Utah this weekend.

Brittny Mejia

Editor-in-chief, Arizona Daily Wildcat

-The opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are not necessarily those of the staff of The Daily Evergreen or those of Student Publications.