January Uniontown deaths determined to be overdoses

From staff reports

The Whitman County Coroner has determined an accidental overdose to be the cause of death for two people found dead in a house south of Uniontown on Jan. 17.

Aaron Marshall, 25, of Uniontown and Britnie Schatz, 23, of Clarkston died of acute respiratory failure on Jan. 16 from an overdose of methadone at Marshall’s residence south of Uniontown. The release said methadone is a strong prescriptive pain medication and the overdose was determined to be accidental.

Reporting by Dennis Farrell