Proposed Student Media bylaw changes

1. Section I. Board Membership
    The Board of Student Media shall be composed of 18 16 voting members and the director of
    Student Media, serving as an ex officio. Each member is selected to represent a part of the WSU
    Pullman campus. The goal for all operations of Student Media is to reflect campus diversity.
    A. Twelve student members, all voting: Students shall be current WSU students. Members shall
    include one representative from the freshman, sophomore, junior, senior classes; two from the
    graduate classes; and student managers of each department within the Office of Student Media:
    The Daily Evergreen Editor, advertising manager, graphics manager, marketing manager, the
    WSU Visitor Guide Magazine editor, and the Chinook Yearbook editor.
    A. Eleven student members, all voting: Students shall be current WSU students. Members shall
    graduate classes; and student managers of these departments within the Office of Student Media:
    The Daily Evergreen editor, advertising manager, graphics manager, and the Chinook Yearbook
    editor. An additional at-large student member will be chosen by The Daily Evergreen editor.
    1. All students on the Board of Student Media, with the exception of the student managers and
    graduate students, shall serve staggered terms of three years, or until they no longer are students
    of WSU. The graduate students shall serve a term of two years.
    2. The Associated Students of Washington State University shall nominate one student to fill
    each non-manager undergraduate vacancy. The Graduate and Professional Students Association
    shall provide one nomination for each graduate student vacancy. These lists shall be forwarded
    to the university president, who shall make the appropriate appointments. These lists shall be
    forwarded to the university president. If such lists are not sent to the president within three weeks
    of a vacancy, the Office of Institutional Research can be asked by the board to complete the list
    with qualified students selected at random. The completed list shall be forwarded within three
    weeks to the president for appointment.
    B. Six Five members of the faculty and staff, all voting:
    1. Faculty and staff nominations shall be made by the following areas:
    a. A representative of WSU News/University Communications.
    b. A representative of the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
    c. A representative of Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
    d. Two at-large members of the faculty, to be nominated by the Faculty Senate Committee on
    Committees.
    e. A representative of the Division of Student Affairs, student activities area.
Proposed Student Media bylaw changes