OLIVER MCKENNA | THE DAILY EVERGREEN

Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Power Rankings – Week 4

Oregon continues to dominate top of Pac-12 rankings, Cougars advance one spot up to No. 9

January 29, 2019

1. No. 4 Oregon (Last: 1)

The Ducks continue to lead the field of Pac-12 teams, as they are the only remaining undefeated Pac-12 team in conference play after sweeping both of the Washington schools on the road.

1. No. 14 Utah (Last: 4)

The Utes look to be a real contender in the Pac-12 after defeating Stanford in surprising fashion at home. This gives the Utes their first win in program history over the Cardinal. They have a huge match up at Oregon this week.

1. No. 8 Stanford (Last: 2)

The Cardinal lost their first conference game of the season to Utah this past weekend in what was a big blow to Stanford’s hopes of winning the Pac-12 title. However, they still look to be one of the top teams in the nation.

1. No. 9 Oregon State (Last: 3)

Oregon State is a sneaky team that absolutely dominated both of the Washington schools, beating the Huskies on the road by 47 points before putting on a defense clinic against WSU, holding the Cougs to 35 points.

1. No. 21 Arizona State (Last: 5)

The Sun Devils lost a close game to UCLA by two points before handily defeating USC at home Sunday. They only have one game this week against in-state rival Arizona.

1. Cal (Last: 6)

Cal still looks to find consistency even though they have one of the top players in all of women’s basketball, senior center Kristine Anigwe.

1. UCLA (Last: 8)

The Golden Bears have come out of nowhere and started to look like a tough opponent. They won two straight road games with both against the Arizona schools, as they have a big home stand against the Washington schools this week.

1. Arizona (Last: 7)

Arizona comes off a heartbreaking loss to UCLA at home in triple overtime, the first triple overtime game in Pac-12 women’s basketball since the 2001 season.

1. WSU (Last: 10)

The Cougars struggle mightily on offense as they have lost four consecutive conference games. WSU was held to a meager 35 points in their loss to Oregon State at home. They travel on the road this week to take on UCLA and USC.

1. USC (Last: 9)

USC still struggles to find their magic touch as they have continued to struggle since conference play has started. After breezing through an easy non-conference schedule, the Trojans may struggle against tougher opponents.

1. Washington (Last: 11)

The Huskies had their most embarrassing loss of the season as they lost by 47 points to Oregon State at home as they continue to look to improve under first year Head Coach Jody Wynn.

1. Colorado (Last: 12)

The Buffs still remain the only team in the Pac-12 without a win in conference play after getting swept by Cal and Stanford at home. They have a tall task ahead of them as they travel to Oregon to take on two top 10 ranked teams this week in Oregon and Oregon State.

JOHN SPELLMAN, Evergreen reporter

John Spellman is a freshman broadcast news and sports management major from Burbank, Calif., He was escorted out of Pac-12 media day after meeting Mike...

The Daily Evergreen • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in