Join WSU’s student newspaper

We pay you to get published

The Daily Evergreen newspaper is WSU’s learning lab for journalists. You can develop your skills, build a portfolio of published works, get a stipend–and join a lively community of smart, funny and passionate students.

No experience is needed, and all majors are welcome. Please apply on Handshake. Here’s a link to the form. https://wsu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2728449

Our openings include:

Reporters:  If you’re curious, skeptical, and committed to both truth and accuracy, consider becoming a reporter. We’ll help you find stories, ask questions, file public records requests, do investigations, and write pieces that have real community impact. 

Photographers: When you hear sirens, are you tempted to go see what’s happening? Maybe you should be a photojournalist. We have the cameras and the expertise. What we need are people who are reliable, eager, and able to write accurate captions.

Copy editors: Edit copy for accuracy, grammar, fairness, consistency and AP style. You’ll need a commitment to precision, a well developed sense of skepticism and a compulsive need to get everything right.

Graphic designers and artists. Create maps, charts, infographics, and illustrations for The Daily Evergreen. Creativity required, and speed and accuracy are also vital.