Pac-12 women’s basketball power rankings — Week 6

February 12, 2019

1. No. 3 Oregon (Last: 1)

The Ducks (23-1, 12-0) have outclassed the rest of the Pac-12 so far, remaining undefeated in conference play after facing every team. In fact, they might have had their most impressive win of the season Sunday when they beat Stanford by 40 points.

1. No. 7 Oregon State (Last: 2)

The Beavers (20-4, 10-2) remain a top contender in the Pac-12 despite a tough loss to Stanford. However, the loss severely decreases their chances of being the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament.

1. No. 11 Stanford (Last: 3)

Stanford (19-4, 9-3) had quite the week when they defeated Oregon State, putting them back in contention for the top spot in the Pac-12. However, they were dominated by Oregon, which seemed to force them a big step back.

1. UCLA (Last: 6)

The Bruins (15-9, 8-4) have won six consecutive games. As they move up the standings, they now have a chance become a contender in the second half of conference play. They have a big matchup against Stanford, in which a win would catapult them up the standings even further.

1. No. 20 Arizona State (Last: 5)

Arizona State (16-6, 7-4) continues to have one of the strongest defenses in the Pac-12, shutting down WSU’s offense Thursday night before its game against Washington on Saturday was canceled due to hazardous weather conditions.

1. No. 17 Utah (Last: 4)

The Utes (18-5, 7-5) were in a position to move into first place with one loss before playing Oregon two weeks ago. Since then, Utah has struggled mightily — they’ve lost four consecutive games and look vulnerable.

1. Arizona (Last: 8)

The Wildcats (15-8, 5-7) continue to fall down the Pac-12 standings. Even as they get some huge offensive numbers from redshirt sophomore guard Aari McDonald, a tough loss to WSU on Saturday pushed them back.

1. Cal (Last: 7)

Cal (14-9, 5-7) received tough scheduling, playing four straight games against top-11 nationally-ranked teams. They now have a bit of a reprieve as they take on UCLA and USC this weekend.

1. USC (Last: 9)

The Trojans (14-9, 4-8) had won three consecutive conference games for the first time this season before they lost to Colorado on Sunday and gave the Buffs their first Pac-12 win of the season.

1. WSU (Last: 10)

The Cougars (8-16, 3-10) snapped a seven-game losing streak on Saturday against Arizona, giving them a little momentum before they host in-state rival Washington on Friday night. When the Cougs get offensive production from redshirt junior Borislava Hristova and junior guard Chanelle Molina, they become a dangerous team.

1. Colorado (Last: 12)

The Buffs (11-12, 1-11) ditched the title of being the last Pac-12 team without a win when they defeated USC to get in the conference play win column. They go on the road to face the Arizona schools this week.

1. Washington (Last: 11)

The Huskies (8-16, 1-11) have lost eight consecutive conference games as their season looks to almost be a lost cause. They would need a minor miracle to improve their seeding in the Pac-12 Tournament.

JOHN SPELLMAN, Evergreen reporter

John Spellman is a freshman broadcast news and sports management major from Burbank, Calif., He was escorted out of Pac-12 media day after meeting Mike...

The Daily Evergreen • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in