Pac-12 women’s basketball power rankings — Week 7

Oregon continues to sit atop rankings despite falling to Oregon State, Cougars remain at No. 10

February 19, 2019

1. No. 2 Oregon (Last: 1)

The Ducks (24-2, 13-1) are by far the best team in the Pac-12 but their 17-game winning streak was snapped by No. 12 Oregon State on Monday night in Corvallis. Oregon defeated the Beavers 67-62 Friday in Eugene. Oregon will look to bounce back from only its second loss of the season this Friday against UCLA.

1. No. 7 Stanford (Last: 3)

The Cardinals (21-4, 11-3) had a big weekend, sweeping both of the Los Angeles schools to rebound from a blowout loss to Oregon on Feb. 10. However, they need some outside help if they want to become the No. 1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament.

1. No. 12 Oregon State (Last: 2)

The Beavers (21-5, 11-3) got revenge on bitter rival Oregon defeating them 67-62 to climb back into the race for the No. 1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament.

1. No. 17 Arizona State (Last: 5)

ASU (18-6, 9-4) pulled off one of the most miraculous comebacks of the season Sunday night in Tempe, Arizona, by fighting back from an 18-point deficit to defeat Utah 60-58. The Sun Devils won by going on a 20-0 run to finish the game after being down by 18 with eight minutes left.

1. UCLA (Last: 4)

The Bruins (16-10, 9-5) were able to shake off a tough loss against Stanford on Friday by defeating Cal two days later. Despite the loss to the Cardinal, the Bruins won seven of their last eight games and have the chance to make a statement when they play Oregon and Oregon State this week.

1. Utah (Last: 6)

The Utes (18-7, 7-7) were right in the thick of a battle for first place in the conference with Oregon before losing six consecutive games. Their collapse against Arizona State might be the biggest disappointment of the year as they look to salvage what was once a great season.

1. Arizona (Last: 7)

The Wildcats (17-8, 7-7) pulled off a big sweep of the mountain schools, Utah and Colorado, this weekend to increase their chances of playing in the NCAA Tournament in March. They still have two huge weekends remaining to decide their postseason fate.

1. USC (Last: 9)

The Trojans (15-10, 5-9) lost a heartbreaker to Stanford on the road on Sunday. They fought hard to win but ended up losing by two points. They have a tough road trip ahead of them as they travel to take on the Oregon schools.

1. Cal (Last: 8)

The Golden Bears (14-11, 5-9) have lost five consecutive conference games and fallen out of contention after starting the season off strong. They host the Arizona schools this week as they look to get back on track.

1. WSU (Last: 10)

The Cougars (9-16, 4-10) were able to get a big win over in-state rival UW on Friday, dominating both sides of the ball en route to a 94-61 win. The Cougs had six players score in double figures and they will need to continue playing like that to make a run in the Pac-12 Tournament.

1. Washington (Last: 12)

The Huskies (8-17, 1-12) have lost nine consecutive games as their season has really fallen apart lately. They are almost guaranteed to be one of the final two seeds in the Pac-12 Tournament.

1. Colorado (Last: 11)

The Buffs (11-14, 1-13) have not had the season they were hoping for. Currently, the Buffaloes have four games to climb out of the cellar of the conference, including a game against UW.

JOHN SPELLMAN, Evergreen reporter

John Spellman is a freshman broadcast news and sports management major from Burbank, Calif., He was escorted out of Pac-12 media day after meeting Mike...

The Daily Evergreen • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in