Shawn P. O'Connor is a junior broadcasting major from Oak Harbor, Wash., he worked with his local fire department when he was in high school.
January 15, 2019
1. Arizona (Last week: 2)
- An undefeated week raised the Wildcats to the top spot in the conference over their in-state rivals. Arizona took care of business this week, punishing the Golden Bears and sneaking by the Stanford Cardinal.
2. Arizona State (Last week: 1)
- The Sun Devils faltered last week, taking care of cellar dweller Cal before getting blown out by Stanford. Time will tell if this is a bump in the road for the title contenders, or if this is a sign of things to come.
3. Oregon State (Last week: 6)
- OSU won marquee last week, knocking off USC 79-74 in overtime in Corvallis. The Beavers host UCLA before heading to the desert to face the Arizona schools.
4. Washington (Last week: 4)
- The Huskies kept their conference record perfect, knocking off Colorado and Utah in their annual Rocky Mountain road trip. UW returns home to Seattle to face Stanford and Cal this week.
5. UCLA (Last week: 3)
- The Bruins went 1-1 this week, falling to the Beavers after defeating the Ducks in overtime. The loss to the Beavers is problematic and it’s left Bruins fans to hope the loss is just a bump in the road.
6. Oregon (Last week: 7)
- The Ducks picked up their first conference win with a resounding victory over USC, after falling in overtime to the Bruins. Oregon has potential but is situated firmly in the center of the muddled Pac-12.
7. USC (Last week: 4)
- A 1-2 week for the Trojans hurt their ranking when they fell to the Beavers. This came after they won over a poor Stanford team but lost badly to the Ducks. USC will have its hands full, as they host UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State for their next three contests.
8.Stanford (Last week: 9)
- A quality win over Arizona State moved the Sun Devils up a spot despite a 1-2 week. This Cardinal team has the talent to be a league average team, but they’ve experienced issues in their consistency.
9.Colorado (Last week: 8)
- Colorado split a pair of home games against the Washington schools, defeating the Cougars before falling to the Huskies.
10. Utah (Last week: 10)
- Utah also split a pair of home games, as they saw a win over WSU but lost to UW. The Utes host Colorado to kick off the next week of action.
11. WSU (Last week: 11)
- Another winless week leaves WSU faithful scratching their heads. Only the disaster of a season Cal is having can keep the Cougars out of the cellar.
12. Cal (Last week: 12)
- Cal falls to 0-4 in conference play and a putrid 5-11 record overall with a pair of losses at home. The Golden Bears have shown no sign of life in this 2018-19 season.