Environmental Sustainability Alliance asks for survey responses

Survey data will be used while talking to WSU administration about divesting in fossil fuels

The+one-question+survey+will+be+available+until+Nov.+15.+

ANISSA CHAK

The one-question survey will be available until Nov. 15.

ABBY SONNICHSEN, Evergreen Photographer

The Environmental Sustainability Alliance is sending a one-question survey over email to all WSU students on Nov. 9-15. The heading of the email is “Help WSU get out of fossil fuels!” 

All students who participate in the survey will be entered into a raffle and have the chance to win a set of sustainably-made headphones. ESA will use the survey results when they communicate with university administration. 

WSU currently invests endowment funds in fossil fuels, according to ESA’s website. 

ESA’s goal is to reduce WSU’s impact on the climate by not investing endowment funds in fossil fuels. This includes changing bonds, stocks and other capital from being used to invest in coal, oil and natural gas extractions.

By not investing endowment funds in fossil fuels, WSU can positively impact the climate, according to an email from ESA. 

ESA meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. every other Tuesday in CUB 206. For students who want to be involved with ESA but are unable to attend the meetings, email Mackenna Rowe at [email protected]

Meetings and upcoming events are also posted on the ESA Instagram page. Students and faculty are encouraged to contact ESA Chair Member Stevie Fawcett at [email protected] with any questions.