Graduate students plan paint night, Ferdinand’s giveaway

Participants will receive free art supplies, learn how to paint sunsets

Graduate+students+can+stop+by+Ferdinand%E2%80%99s+Ice+Cream+Shoppe+and+pick+up+an+ice+cream+cone+of+their+choosing+10+a.m.-2%3A30+p.m.+April+7.+

SCREENSHOT OF MEETING

Graduate students can stop by Ferdinand’s Ice Cream Shoppe and pick up an ice cream cone of their choosing 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. April 7.

MADYSEN MCLAIN, Evergreen roots editor

The GPSA Executive team is ending the semester with several events for graduate and professional students, including a virtual paint night and free ice cream.

Students can stop by Ferdinand’s Ice Cream Shoppe to pick up an ice cream cone of their choosing, GPSA Programming Chair Rachel Wong said during the GPSA Executive Board meeting Thursday. To receive the dessert, the person’s identification must say either graduate or professional student.

She said the event is from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April 7. 

GPSA senators will also host a second virtual paint night 6-8 p.m. April 23 via Zoom.

Participants can pick up provided art supplies on the Pullman campus. During the event, graduate student Sarah Barnett will instruct attendees on how to paint a sunset.

Registration for the event closes April 18 at midnight. Wong said about 21 spots are still available.

GPSA President Jenn Johnson said she plans to participate in an annual audit hosted by the College Hill Association, a nonprofit working to preserve historical buildings in the area. 

Representatives from the Pullman community and WSU gather and walk around College Hill. The group discusses aspects of the block that work and issues that still need to be addressed.

“If you have any suggestions or things you’ve noticed around that area that needs to be changed, please send me an email,” Johnson said. “Any feedback would be really appreciated.”