Classes to be held at 100 percent capacity

Hybrid classes being rescheduled; masks still required for non-vaccinated students

All classes previously scheduled as a hybrid option are being changed to in person and assigned classrooms as soon as possible.

VICTORIA GIOMI, Evergreen reporter

WSU officials announced Wednesday that all classes for the fall semester will be held in person at 100 percent capacity. 

All classes previously scheduled as a hybrid option are being changed to in person and assigned classrooms as soon as possible, said Phil Weiler, WSU vice president of marketing and communications.

If students have any scheduling conflicts, they should reach out to their academic adviser right away to rearrange classes, Weiler said. 

The announcement came in accordance with a proclamation from Gov. Jay Inslee’s office, which ends the requirements of social distancing and masking for vaccinated students, he said. It also officially authorizes full capacity in-person instruction.

The registrar’s office will release information regarding classes that have not been announced yet as soon as it finishes finalizing plans for next semester, Weiler said.  

“This announcement from the governor [Wednesday], gives the registrar’s office a lot more flexibility to be able to put classes in the right classrooms based on how many seats there are versus … how much physical distancing you can have,” he said.