WSU unveils new meal plan for staff, faculty, off-campus students

Plan costs $250, offers 25 percent discount at campus dining centers

This year’s plan is valid to use and available for purchase through May 7, 2022.

MELINA ERNST, Evergreen reporter

A new meal plan is now available for WSU staff, faculty members and off-campus students.

The Mini Meal Plan costs $250 and is non-refundable, according to the plan’s website

Purchasing the plan guarantees a 25 percent discount at all three campus dining centers and a 5 percent discount at all retail dining locations, including Carlita’s, Einstein Bros. Bagels and espresso bars, according to a WSU Insider announcement

“We wanted to have a plan that was really geared toward our off-campus community,” said Sarah Larson, WSU Dining Services director.

This year’s plan is valid to use and available for purchase through May 7, 2022, according to the announcement.

Unlike a Resident Meal Plan, individuals cannot add additional Dining Dollars to a Mini Meal Plan. However, individuals can purchase multiple Mini Meal Plans throughout the year, according to the website. 

Mini Meal Plans expire after the eligible year, according to the website. Any leftover Dining Dollars do not roll over to the following year.

Students with a Resident Meal Plan who plan on leaving the residence halls at the end of the school year can carry over their leftover Dining Dollars to a Mini Meal Plan for the following year. To do so, students must purchase a Mini Meal Plan before the 10th day of classes this fall semester, according to the website. 

Students returning to the residence halls also have the option to purchase a Mini Meal Plan. The Mini Meal Plan “is smaller in size, with smaller discounts, but may be a good option for a small eater,” according to WSU Dining Services’ website