First Merry Grinchmas starts Friday

Local businesses partner to host community event 

MASON MARON

From 6-9 p.m. Saturday, Pups & Cups Cafe is hosting a Gingerbread Bazaar for $45; this includes food and alcohol.

ABBY SONNICHSEN, Evergreen Photographer

Community members can attend the first Merry Grinchmas, which is taking place at various locations at downtown Pullman this holiday season. 

Over 30 artists and makers are contributing to the event, which Promote Pullman LLC is helping run. Merry Grinchmas kicks off at 3:30-5:30 p.m. Friday at the Pine Street Plaza. Gehring & Farrwood are giving ornaments to the first 25 WSU fall 2021 graduates, according to a Promote Pullman LLC flier. 

“We want to provide a good event for graduation families coming in and the students to have something different to come off the hill and to have some fun,” said Jandi Utzman, Promote Pullman LLC owner. 

Additionally, attendees can also enjoy music, skits and hot cocoa, according to the flyer. From 1-4 p.m. on Saturday, Serenity Ridge Farm is bringing petting ponies. There will be Manny’s Coffee House hot cocoa, games, Santa Clause and the Grinch, according to the flier.

From 4-6 p.m., Rockstar Body Bar and Monroe is providing an outdoor movie and s’mores, according to the flier. From 6-9 p.m., Pups & Cups Cafe is hosting a Gingerbread Bazaar for $45; this includes food and alcohol.

On Dec. 15 and 16, Sanctuary dance is performing at Daggy Hall.