Meet the early soccer signing class

Soccer signs eight players to 2023 class

JAKE HULL, Evergreen reporter

After ending their 2022 soccer season Friday, the Cougs have added eight new players to their roster for the 2023 season. 

Wednesday was the first day of early signing for high school athletes looking to sign letters of intent to play sports at the next level. 

This time around the Cougs added eight new soccer players coming from Arizona to Georgia, with one from Jamaica. 

Naomi Clark, Midfielder:

Naomi Clark, a midfielder from Colorado led her high school to a 5A State Championship when she scored three goals. In 2022 she was named the 5A Colorado Player of the Year. She scored 20 goals in 2022, look for her to add instant offense for the Cougs next season.

Liya Brooks, Goalie:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Liya Brooks, who is from Eugene, Oregon is a goalie who has had call-ups with the U-17, U-20 and Senior National team for Jamaica. Her freshman and sophomore seasons were played in Honolulu before heading to Eugene. 

Reagan Kotschau, Midfielder:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Reagan Kotschau is a midfielder from Colorado. She was an ECNL U17 National Player of The Year. 

Elliotte Kortus, Forward:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Elliotte Kortus is a forward from Coeur D’Alene, Idaho who was a two-time league co-MVP and 2021 Idaho Girls Soccer Player of the Year. She had 53 goals and 46 assists in two seasons with Lake City High School. 

Nathalie Lewis, Forward:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Nathalie “Nat” Lewis is a forward from Queen Creek, Arizona. Where she played four years of high school soccer at Casteel High School, she is a three-time Northwest Region Player of The Year.

Megan Santa Cruz, Midfielder:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Megan Santa Cruz is a midfielder from Sherman Oaks, California. She leads her team in goals and gave her team a 15-4-3 junior season record where they finished second in their league. 

Alena Watts, Defender:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Alena Watts is a defender from Marietta, Georgia. In high school she led the Lassiter Trojans to a 6A 2022 State Championship. The team allowed two goals all postseason. 

Georgia Whitehead, Defender:

Courtesy of WSU Athletics

Georgia Whitehead is a Coeur D’Alene, Idaho defender who played at the same high school as Kortus. She is the granddaughter of former WSU football coach Jim Walden.