New queens come to WSU

SEB is presenting their annual drag show at 9 p.m. Friday in the CUB senior ballroom

COURTESY OF GRACE JOO

Aquasha DeLusty performing at a past drag show.

ALAINN FITZGERALD, Evergreen reporter

Pro drag queens and WSU students are taking the stage together this Friday at the Student Entertainment Board’sĀ annual drag show.

This year’s show will feature three performers; Pangina Heals, Omnia Nova and the local TabiKat Productions cast, who will be giving WSU students, staff and faculty their very best performances. Along with the featured performers, there will be students performing and showing their talents as well.

The show is set to take place at 9 p.m. Friday in the CUB senior ballroom and will be live-streamed on YouTube. The performance is also free to attend.

ā€œWeā€™ve got a big performer coming and they are amazing,ā€ Tessa Baker, SEB Up All Night director, said. ā€œPeople will get to enjoy our big headliner [Pangina Heals] who was on Thailandā€™s drag race. Itā€™s one of those cool late-night events where you can meet someone famous for free.ā€

SEB worked with University Recreation and the LGBTQ+ Center to put on the drag show, Baker said.

ā€œItā€™s a good way ā€¦ to provide that space to express themselves for people in the community or Pullman,ā€ Gueneviere Sherlaw, SEB director of arts, said.

For the audition process, students had to submit what they had to offer, whether that was lip-syncing, runway or comedy, Baker said. Students also had to submit their experiences with drag and their ideal stage personas.

In past years, SEB has hosted the drag show during family weekend. This year, SEB is hosting it the following Friday.

ā€œThe event truly does deserve its own attention,ā€ Sherlaw said.

The overall goal of SEB is to put on events where students can get involved, Baker said. A lot of the events are catered toward first-year students but are for everyone.

Part of this includes making events diverse and inclusive so students can see other students just like them, Baker said.

ā€œWho doesnā€™t love a good drag show?ā€ SEB member Zoe Cano said.