Active shooter threat cleared at Pullman High School

Police invesitgating possible connection to similar threats made at other schools

Police+dispatched+to+Pullman+High+School+early+Wednesday+morning%2C+May+10.+

Police dispatched to Pullman High School early Wednesday morning, May 10.

GABRIELLE BOWMAN, Evergreen news co-editor

A caller made an active shooter threat to Pullman High School Wednesday morning, which police responded to and cleared within the hour and are currently investigating the source of the call.  

Police officers were dispatched to the school at 9:55 a.m. after a threat was made by a caller stating that they were going to go into the high school and kill everyone with a rifle, said Aaron Breshears, Pullman Police Department’s operations commander. 

“The caller could be heard firing what sounded like gunshots and then hung up,” Breshears said. 

However, he said once officers arrived at the high school no threat was discovered. 

At 10:27 a.m., officers cleared the building and found no active threat but told people to stay clear of the area, according to the police departments Twitter. 

Breshears said there is an ongoing investigation into the threat made at Pullman High School and a similar threat made to Central Valley High School in Spokane and other schools.

Breshears said at this point in time, there is not an immediate threat to the high school and the Pullman community and police will continue to investigate.