Pullman girls dominate in all phases, earning a district semifinal berth

The battle-tested Greyhounds set the tone
Sophomore+Grace+Kuhle+passes+the+ball+into+the+post+during+a+high+school+girls+basketball+game%2C+Jan.+25%2C+in+Pullman%2C+Wash.+
Sophomore Grace Kuhle passes the ball into the post during a high school girls basketball game, Jan. 25, in Pullman, Wash.

The Pullman Greyhounds (7-14) beat the East Valley Knights of Spokane (1-20) by a score of 68-22 in a WIAA 2A district tournament game in Pullman on Tuesday.

Pullman’s domination started with a 29-0 run which ended right before halftime.  

The Greyhounds scored 29 points in the second half and managed to hold East Valley to 10. 

Key contributors for Pullman were sophomore Grace Kuhle, who scored 19 points, and senior Ryli Bednar, who had 17 points.

Pullman was electric from beyond the arch, and Kuhle led the way for the Greyhounds with three from distance on the night. 

Four Greyhounds received all-league recognition following the game. 

Bednar was named first-team all-league, Kuhle was second-team all-league, with Jenabee Harris and Sophie Armstrong named as honorable mentions.

Pullman will travel to Spokane to battle West Valley at 6 p.m. Thursday at West Valley High School in the 2A GSL district tournament semifinal game.