Pac-12 commisioner prioritizes media deal in her introductory presser

Cougs, Beavs retain Pac-12 Network coverage

Teresa Gould introduced herself as the new Pac-12 Commissioner in a video press conference Thursday, alongside WSU President, Kirk Shulz. 

Gould said she is actively working on securing media rights for the home football games of the remaining members of the conference Oregon State and Washington State. 

“So I’ve been partnering with our two athletic directors, Scott Barnes (Oregon State) and Pat Chun (Washington State), and I will say, not surprisingly, there’s great interest in the football products at Oregon State and Washington State,” Gould said.

Gould said both schools are optimistic about the interest and that they hope to finalize agreements as soon as possible. 

“So we are working hard to try to consider the options that are on the table to televise all of the home games at Oregon State and Washington State,” Gould said. 

Despite recent conference realignment, the two schools are committed to rebuilding the Pac-12, operating as a two-team league for the next season.

Gould said her priorities include building a conference staff, representing Pac-12 interests nationally, and securing media rights for the schools’ football games. 

“We have programs on these two campuses that compete at the highest level and I wanted to be the leader that fought on behalf of those student-athletes and their future,” Gould said.

Gould said the Pac-12 Networks will continue operating through the 2024-25 school year.