Student Entertainment Board to host Drag Show

Show is intended to promote inclusion on campus, in community

ZACH RUBIO | THE DAILY EVERGREEN

SEB Director of Speakers Alex Schulhauser explains what’s different and what to expect at this year’s Drag Show.

RACHEL KOCH, Evergreen reporter

To embrace inclusivity, the Student Entertainment Board is hosting a Drag Show.

SEB Director of Speakers Alex Schulhauser said she has spent two months planning with the rest of the Committee of Speakers.

“This event is not about one specific facet of WSU,” she said. “It’s about including everyone and showing that the LGBTQ community is just one of us. It’s just about inclusion.”

She said that while the show will be similar to last month’s performance, there will be different queens. In March, professional and local drag queens alike lip-synched songs, while members of registered student organizations hosted trivia games in between each performance.

This week, Schulhauser said all the queens performing will have appeared previously on “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”

“I think that will interest students because it’s a pretty popular show and that’s a really fun atmosphere,” she said. “They know how to entertain a crowd and perform.”

Schulhauser said she brought back the drag show because of the success the first show saw last year. She said the proceeds from the event will be donated to the Seattle Pride Foundation and ASWSU.

“I liked that we were bringing the students together and we got a lot of positive feedback from last year’s event,” she said. “We’re … giving back to the community.”