Cougar Health Services to host health fair

Event will provide resources for students, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Spark atrium

COURTESY OF PIXABAY

Cougar Health Services’ Vision Clinic and Health Clinic will participate and hold tabling sessions at the health fair.

ELAYNE RODRIGUEZ, Evergreen reporter

Cougar Health Services’ (CHS) Vision Clinic will host an informational health fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday in the atrium of The Spark: Academic Innovation Hub.

Denise Robertson, licensed dispensing optician and manager of the Vision Clinic, said there will also be staff from the health clinic who will participate in the health fair.

Robertson said CHS staff and student peer educators from the Health Promotion department will hand out information about the different departments and answer questions about their services.

“[It is] so WSU students are aware that we are here, where we are and what we can help them with,” she said. “If we cannot answer someone’s specific questions, we will be able to direct them to someone who can.”

She said the Vision Clinic has hosted similar events, although previous events emphasized an eyeglass show to feature frames and sunglasses to promote the clinic.

The clinic has incorporated all departments of the CHS this past fall, and now this upcoming health fair, Robertson said.

Some frames and sunglasses will be showcased at this year’s fair, she said, so students can see some of the new items that are available and participate in prize giveaways.

“[Students] can register for a free frame or sunglasses when they attend the information fair,” Robertson said.

The main focus for the health fair is the entirety of CHS, she said.