Longtime WSU staff member to act as vice president for student affairs

Terry Boston, associate vice president of Operations & Finance, answers questions during the annual GPSA meeting Jan. 22, 2018 evening in the CUB. Boston has been named acting vice president of Student Affairs.

MICHAEL LINDER | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

MICHAEL LINDER | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

MICHAEL LINDER | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

LUKE HUDSON, Evergreen reporter

Terry Boston, associate vice president for finance and operations, will serve as acting vice president for Student Affairs while current Vice President Mary Jo Gonzales is on leave, according to an Aug. 30 memo from President Kirk Schulz.

Schulz said in the memo that Boston has been at WSU for 24 years and has played an important leadership role in the Division of Student Affairs.

Boston is a member of several WSU and Pullman committees, according to his staff profile on the Division of Student Affairs website. He is the administrative director of the Student Book Corporation (Bookie) Board and a member of the President’s Town Gown initiative, a committee that works to further the connection between Pullman and WSU.