Lund-Hansen leads Cougars in second straight tournament

Arizona State wins, Stanford golfer takes first with 10 under par

Senior+Marie+Lund-Hansen+lead+WSU+to+a+10th-place+finish+on+Sunday+at+the+Stanford+Golf+Course.%0AOctober+14%2C+2019.+

ROBERT HUBNER | WSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

Senior Marie Lund-Hansen lead WSU to a 10th-place finish on Sunday at the Stanford Golf Course. October 14, 2019.

ALLEN LEISTER, Evergreen reporter

The WSU women’s golf team took 10th place at the Stanford Intercollegiate on Sunday.

WSU ended the first round of the intercollegiate in seventh place. The Cougars finished round two in a tie for eighth place and eventually the tournament in 10th with a score of 875 (+23). There were 16 other schools at the tournament.

Arizona State University won the Stanford Intercollegiate with a score of 842 (-10). Stanford freshman Angelina Ye placed first with a score of 203 (-10).

Leading the Cougars, senior Marie Lund-Hansen finished with a score of 217 (+4) to end the event tied for 26th.

Sophomore Darcy Habgood and freshman Jiye Ham both finished with a score of 220 (+7) in a tie for 43rd place.

Redshirt junior Emily Baumgart finished tied for 55th place with a score of 223 (+10). Sophomore Amy Chu ended the tournament tied for 65th place with a score of 226 (+13).

The Cougars get a few weeks to practice before they return to action on Nov. 4-6 for the Nanea Pac-12 Preview at the Nanea Country Club in Kailua Kona, Hawaii.