Dad’s Weekend Activities Guide

Not sure what to do with dad this weekend? We’ve got you covered.

MINDY MALONE, Evergreen copy chief

| Friday 11/15 |

A collection of WSU mascot memorabilia is on display at the Terrell Library. The collection will be held in the Terrell Library atrium display cases. All are welcome to view the collection during the library’s open hours Friday through Sunday. There is no charge to see the exhibit. The display is a centennial celebration of Washington State College’s decision to become the Cougars in 1919. Pieces documenting the journey from live cougars to the current Butch T. Cougar are featured in the cases.

Pauseibilities is holding Mini Photo Shoot & Wood Portrait Sessions. Sessions will be held outdoors at Palouse Clearwater Environmental Institute in Moscow. They can be scheduled through the Pauseibilities website — various session times are available Nov. 15, 16 and 17. Each session costs $50. Sessions last for 20 minutes and include all the digital photos taken, plus an 8”x10” engraved wood photo.

The Brelsford WSU Visitor Center is hosting a hard cider tasting. The tasting will be 4-7 p.m. at the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center. Tickets to participate in the tasting cost $10 and include a commemorative Brelsford WSU Visitor Center wine glass while supplies last. Tickets are available for purchase at the door beginning at 4 p.m. Participants must be 21 or older with proper identification at the time of ticket purchase. The event is open to all ages.

Join the Viticulture and Enology Club for a wine tasting. The tasting will be held at Merry Cellars from 4-7 p.m. A tasting will cost $5 and buying a bottle will cost $15. Wines available include a dry Riesling made by the students, and other wines from Merry Cellars Winery.

Celebrate the Voiland College graduates at their Fall Graduation Reception. The reception will be in the FIZ (Dana 15) from 4:30-6 p.m. The event is free to attend. It is asked that students register for it via Handshake, but family and friends are welcome to come with. Students will be able to collect their graduation medallion, and treats, a photo booth, graduation cap decorating, and more will be available for attendees to enjoy.

Participate in Sigma Iota Hospitality Club’s Brewfest. The event will be held in Chinook Student Center room 150 from 5-7:30 p.m. The cost to attend is $45. The event provides tastings from Pacific Northwest breweries, food, entertainment and a souvenir tasting glass. The event is coordinated by students and all funds benefit the students’ educations in the form of scholarships and other educational opportunities.

Watch students compete in the “Cougs Got Talent” competition. “Cougs Got Talent” will be held at Jones Theatre in Daggy Hall from 6-8 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m. Tickets cost $10-12. WSU students (singers, dancers, musicians, and more) will contend for $3,000 in cash prizes.

University Recreation will hold its annual Dad’s Bench Best: Bench Press Competition. The competition will be held in the SRC Weight Room from 6-7 p.m. Participation in the event is free. Each student will be paired with their dad as a team. Two trophies will be awarded to the winning team — one for the dad and one for the student. Only one person needs to register online.

The Department of Physics and Astronomy will host planetarium shows this weekend. Shows will be held in Sloan Hall room 231. Shows will be held at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. Friday, and 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. Saturday. Each show costs $5 to attend. Shows are 30 minutes long and each covers a different topic.

The Student Entertainment Board will show the movie “Good Boys” this weekend. The movie will show in the CUB Auditorium on Friday and Saturday at 6 and 9 p.m., and Sunday at 4 (with subtitles) and 6 p.m. Entry is free and popcorn will be provided while supplies last.

Big & Rich will perform with Cowboy Troy. The concert will be held at Beasley Coliseum from 7:30-9 p.m. Tickets are $59.50. WSU students, staff and faculty can purchase tickets for $54.50 with ID.

The WSU School of Music’s Voice/Choral Area will present its 34th annual Vocal Extravaganza. The event will be held in Bryan Hall Theatre from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Tickets will be available for purchase at Bryan Hall beginning at 6:30 p.m. the night of the performance. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for senior citizens, $5 for students (elementary, middle and high school and college/university) with ID, and free for children 12 and under. All proceeds go directly to the student ensembles for music, performances/productions and tours.

| Saturday 11/16 |

The Physics and Astronomy Club will hold its 15th Annual Pumpkin Drop. The event will be held at the Webster Physical Sciences Building. It begins at 9 a.m., with the main event, the 12-story pumpkin drop, beginning at 11 a.m. There will also be experiments, demonstrations and fun activities for kids.

University Recreation will hold Dunking with Dad: 2-on-2 Basketball Tournament. The tournament will be at the SRC Basketball Courts from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Registration costs $10 and closes Friday at noon. There will be coffee and donuts at the event.

University Recreation is offering a Dad’s Weekend CrossFit class. The class will be held in the Chinook Student Center room B40 from 10-11 a.m. The class is free to attend, but parents must be accompanied by their student to participate.

Photography of the Palouse exhibit on display for the public. Pullman Depot Heritage Center is hosting a photography exhibit of Palouse Landscapes. The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is free to visit.

“KickOff at the CUB” event to tailgate the game. The event runs 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the CUB Senior Ballroom. There is no cost to attend the event. The event will feature entertainment, games, giveaways and affordable food options.

University Recreation is offering a Dad’s Weekend yoga class. The class will be held in Chinook Student Center room 20 from 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. The class is free to attend, but parents must be accompanied by their student to participate.

The CAHNRS Student Senate will hold a Beef & Brews Dad’s Weekend Tailgate. The tailgate will be at Ensminger Pavilion from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase at entry. For dinner, three beer tickets and a koozie the cost is $25. For just dinner the cost is $15. Additional drink tickets are $5 each. All ages are welcome.

| Sunday 11/17 |

Dad’s Weekend yoga. The class will be held in the Student Recreation Center room 245 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The class is free to attend, but parents must be accompanied by their student to participate.