WSU Libraries to recruit students for advisory board

Board applications due Jan. 31

The board will be made up of undergraduate and graduate students, including those from Global Campus, ASWSU and Multicultural Student Services.

JENAE LAXSON, Evergreen roots editor

WSU Libraries will form a student advisory board that will provide feedback in improving library operations.

The board will offer advice on WSU Libraries’ facilities and services, said Erica Nicol, humanities and social sciences librarian. Board members will also participate in assessment activities, including focus groups.

“We’re hoping also that they can help us with doing better outreach to the WSU community about library services,” Nicol said. 

The board will be made up of no more than 10 undergraduate and graduate students, she said. This includes students from Global Campus, ASWSU and Multicultural Student Services. The board will also include two at-large students and at least one science major. 

Librarians have wanted to do this for a while, she said. The pandemic’s impact on library closures has demonstrated the need for this board.

Applications for the Library Student Advisory Board will be open until Jan. 31, according to the WSU Libraries website.