Community Action Center hosts webinar about resources for students

Guest speaker will provide information to WSU students about basic food, housing, rental assistance

ANISSA CHAK

The WSU Office for Access and Opportunity is offering grab-and-go bags to students, which include some type of protein, grain, fruit and other snacks.

ADALINE GRACE, Evergreen social media editor

WSU students are able to attend a webinar at 3:30 p.m. today via Zoom to learn more about various food resources available at the Community Action Center. 

The WSU Office for Access and Opportunity is collaborating with the Pullman Community Action Center to host the event, according to the A&O website.  

A guest speaker will provide information about basic food, housing and rental assistance. Other topics include Section 8 vouchers and energy assistance, according to the website.

Section 8 vouchers help families afford safe housing. The vouchers are distributed through Public Housing Agencies, according to a website of the U.S. government.  

There is a food pantry, located in the Lighty Student Services Building, that supports WSU students who may not have access to a healthy variety of food and other basic necessities, according to the A&O website. 

To adhere to COVID-19 social distance guidelines, the food pantry started providing grab-and-go bags. Go-bags include protein, grains, fruit and other snacks, according to the website.

Non-perishable food donations for the pantry, like canned goods and grains, are accepted at the Office of the Dean of Students, according to the website.