ASWSU Election Board certifies results

8.5 percent of undergraduate students voted; student fee to fund WSU food pantry passed

ANISSA CHAK

Compared to last year’s ASWSU election, this year’s voter turnout is 4.4 percent less.

STEFFI LUDAHL, Evergreen reporter

The ASWSU Election Board certified the 2021-2022 election results April 2, announcing 8.5 percent of undergraduate students voted in this year’s election. 

Compared to last year’s ASWSU election, this year’s voter turnout is 4.4 percent less. Brian Patrick will serve as ASWSU president and Alexander Pan as vice president, according to an ASWSU press release

Students elected Daniela Carvajal Macias, Jillian Hutchison-Blouin and Jacob Martinez as At Large Senators. Gabby Rodriquez-Garcilazo will serve as the College of Arts and Sciences senator and Kathryn Carstens as the Honors College senator, according to the press release. 

Referendum 50, a student fee initiative funding the WSU food pantry, passed with 888 votes, according to the press release. The $5 fee will ensure the food pantry is staffed and fully stocked.

Special elections are fall 2021, according to the press release. For more information about vacant ASWSU positions, visit the ASWSU website or contact Pan at [email protected]