Magda Jehlarova named 2022 Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year 

Decorated Coug continues to rack up awards

WSU middle blocker Magda Jehlarova (15) and setter Argentina Ung (12) celebrate after a point during an NCAA women’s volleyball match against California Baptist, Sept. 1, at Bohler Gymnasium.

Awards continue to rack up for Magda Jehlarova, who is quickly becoming one of the most decorated WSU volleyball players in the program’s history. 

Jehlarova was most recently named the Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the year, as she has a 3.74 GPA as a senior management major, according to WSU athletics

It is the second academic honor she has received this season as, alongside two of her teammates, she was named CSC Academic All-District for 2022. She was also a part of the academic all-district team in 2021, proving that she has continued dominance in the classroom and on the court. 

In 2022, Jehlarova became the Coug with the second most blocks in a career, with 597 to date. 

For the year, she has 281 kills with a hitting percentage of .388. As well as her hitting, she has tallied 26 service aces, 69 digs and 173 total blocks. 

She has tallied 1.50 blocks per set this season, which is the eighth-highest mark in the nation and the best in the Pac-12 conference. 

Through four seasons at WSU, the Czech Republic native is a:

Two-time AVCA All-American, Four-time All-Pac 12 Honoree, Three-time AVCA Pacific North All-Region First Team, 2019 AVCA National Freshman of the Year, 2019 AVCA Pacific North Freshman of the Year, 2019 Pac 12 Freshman of the Year,  2019 Pac 12 All-Freshman Team, 2019 Volleyballmag.com Freshman All-American, Two-time CSC Academic All-District, Two-time Pac 12 Academic Honor Roll and now Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year. 

Alongside several of her teammates, Jehlarova has committed to returning to WSU for her fifth year. With the extra season, she will likely etch herself into the top of several records in program history.