WSU football to cross border for pro day

Vandals to play host to NFL hopefuls
SAM TAYLOR
The Kibbie Dome, home of the Idaho Vandals

In a social media post on Wednesday, the WSU football program announced they will host their Pro Day at the University of Idaho March 27.

With the Taylor Sports Complex still under construction and inclement weather on the Palouse, the event will be forced to be indoors at the Kibbie Dome. 

Twelve Cougs are set to participate in the pro day, including offensive lineman Christy Nkanu, long snapper Simon Samarzich, kicker Colton Theaker, running back Nakia Watson, wide receiver Lincoln Victor, defensive linemen Brennan Jackson and Ron Stone Jr., linebacker Devin Richardson, defensive backs Cam Lampkin, Sam Lockett, Chau Smith-Wade and Jaden Hicks.

Smith-Wade, Hicks and Jackson recently participated in the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. 

This will be the trio’s second opportunity to display their athletic prowess in front of NFL Scouts. 

An area for Coug fans to watch will be the chance for the Combine participants (Smith-Wade, Hicks and Jackson) to improve their testing and measurements, potentially leaving a lasting impression on NFL personnel in attendance. 

Hicks was the only one of the three Cougs who did not run the 40-yard dash in Indianapolis, so it will be interesting to see if Hicks will run for those in attendance, or if he is confident with his draft status off of the tape and his current profile from the combine

As for Smith-Wade and Jackson, the pair ran 4.54 and 4.69 40-yard dashes respectively.

Improvement on those marks from the two could help solidify a draft spot. 

The Idaho Vandal football team is set to host their pro day on Wednesday as well.