Presidents answer questions over coffee and cookies

Schulz, Frost talk campus issues during outreach forum

ZACH RUBIO | The Daily Evergreen

President Kirk Schulz tells a student that the best way to communicate with him is through email as the meeting wraps up on Tuesday in the CUB.

LINH NGUYEN and ZACH RUBIO

WSU President Kirk Schulz and ASWSU President Jordan Frost shared coffee and cookies with students in the CUB Tuesday afternoon as part of their Coffee with the Presidents outreach series.

Schulz and Frost answered students’ questions about where sports funding is coming from, what will happen to the Daggy Hall Theater and how to make WSU’s staff more diverse Tuesday in the CUB.

The event was the first of three coffee forums this year, and Schulz and Frost plan to host two more across campus, with one in March and the other in April.
Frost said the coffee forum provided an opportunity for students on campus to have their voices heard.

He originally planned on having the forum be a one-on-one conversation between the presidents and students, but he said he was satisfied with how the event went. Frost said he is excited to hear what students have to say in the next forums.

“Jordan and I decided to do something with both of us,” Schulz said, “where we’ll be visible on campus and anybody can come by and talk about anything they would like to.”

The next coffee forum is to be in the Chinook on March 28, from 3-4 p.m.

“I’m glad that people felt comfortable enough to ask [questions about] a lot of the controversial topics on campus,” Schulz said.