Ethridge adds two international players to team

WSU sophomore guard Chanelle Molina goes for a layup over USC’s sophomore forward Ja’Tavia Tapley, right, and junior guard Aliyah Mazyck on Jan. 26 at Beasley Coliseum. WSU lost 73-72.

GEORGE RODRIGUEZ | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

GEORGE RODRIGUEZ | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

DYLAN GREENE, Evergreen sports editor

WSU women’s basketball Head Coach Kamie Ethridge has signed her first two players for the 2018-19 season.

Shir Levy and Ula Motuga will join Cherilyn Molina, who signed with WSU during the early signing period in November, as part of the Cougars 2018 signing class.

Levy, a native of Ness Ziona, Israel, has competed on the Israel U-18 and U-20 national teams. She has played in the Israeli League First Division the last three years and most recently spent time with Bnei Yehuda in Tel Aviv after graduating from high school.

Motuga is a forward from Canterbury College in Queensland, Australia, who plays for the Logan Thunder. Motuga won a gold medal in the U-16 national tournament in 2015 while playing for her state team of Queensland.

Motuga was promoted to the Queensland U-20 team earlier this year to have a chance to compete in the 2018 U-20 National Championships.

“Beyond their athleticism and talent, [Motuga] and [Levy] are exactly the kind of students, people and competitors we want to build our program on and around,” Ethridge said in a WSU news release. “They are high-character young people, from tremendous families, who have chosen the challenge of playing at the highest level.”

Levy and Motuga will join the Cougars in August to begin training for next season.

DYLAN GREENE, Evergreen Editor-in-Chief

Dylan Greene is a journalism and media production major from Stanwood. He started as the football beat reporter in the fall of 2017 and midway through that semester he was promoted to Assistant Sports Editor. He served as the Sports Editor for the 2018 spring semester and became Editor-in-Chief in May of this year.

• Ethridge adds two international players to team

Jason Gesser resigns amid new sexual misconduct allegations

Winston has a knack for finding end zone

Week Three Pac-12 North power rankings

Evergreen Athlete of the Week: Gardner Minshew II

Former WSU volleyball player claims Jason Gesser groped her, attempted to kiss her without consent

• Mens

Men’s golf starts Monday

Sports

Cougars tame Mustangs

Cougars crush Eagles

Pelluer chooses crimson and gray over Crimson Tide

Keys to the Game: EWU