WSU Pullman’s busy campus: Photos from Sept. 6

Get Involved Fair, CougFest, Volleyball among popular campus events Wednesday
WSU+students+walk+down+Glenn+Terrell+Mall+during+Get+Involved+Fair%2C+Sept.+6.+
WSU students walk down Glenn Terrell Mall during Get Involved Fair, Sept. 6.

From the early morning hours to late at night, WSU Pullman’s campus became lively from several different events Wednesday. The first major event on the day was the Get Involved Fair on Glenn Terrell Mall, running from 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.

Get Involved Fair allows students to engage with many of the hundreds of clubs on campus, meet new people and get free pizza.

The Daily Evergreen took time out of producing Thursday’s print and had a table set up for the Fair, with managing editor Sam Taylor, life editor Gabrielle Feliciano and news co-editor Josiah Pike introducing themselves to prospective new writers and photographers.

Also featured at the Fair were several puppies that were popular attractions for the students walking on Terrell Mall.

Next up on campus was CougFest, the Student Entertainment Board’s event featuring free food from Munchy’s, a beer garden and live music. Desolation Horse, Elvis Batchild, Ideomotor, King Youngblood and Archer Oh played music on the Thompson Flats in front of a revolving crowd of students, faculty and community members.

KEATON DERNBACH
Featured band Desolation Horse performing at the WSU CougFest event on the Thompson Flats in Pullman, Wash. Sept. 6, 2023.

SEB’s spotlight director Zoë Cano oversaw CougFest, with a consistent flow of people looking for free food and live music to spice up their week.

Ending the night for Pullman was WSU volleyball (6-1, 0-0 Pac-12) kicking off the Cougar Challenge against UC Irvine (2-5), a match they won in a sweep 3-0 (25-22, 25-11, 25-12) in Bohler Gym in front of roughly 850 people. It was the Cougs fourth home match of the year, with matches Thursday and Friday to end their homestand before Conference Play begins.