Trick-or-Treat in downtown Pullman next weekend

Downtown Pullman Association hosting trick-or-treating, a costume contest and more on Oct. 28
MADDY RICE
The proposed plan would require a major shutdown of most businesses on Main St.

Trick-or-treaters of all ages will get to knock on doors and receive candy from all over downtown Pullman this year.

The Downtown Pullman Association has curated Trick-or-Treat, an event featuring trick-or-treating for all age groups, a costume contest and more in celebration of Halloween. The event will take place from 3–6 p.m. Oct. 28.

“[We] had at least 1,000 trick-or-treaters last year, so I would not be surprised if we had more than that this year,” association executive director Mallory Nash said.

Several stores in downtown Pullman, including O-Ramen, Rico’s Public House, Neill’s Coffee and Ice Cream, Poppy Salon and Spa, Subway, the Bowl, Timber, Yogatopia, Roost Coffee and Market, Sugarhigh Day Spa, Bruised Books and more will hand out treats.

The costume contest will be held on the High Street Plaza and take registration from 3–4 p.m., for which winners will be announced by 5:45 p.m. Categories for the contest include children 12 and under, teenagers 13–18, adults 18 and older, groups, pets, and best overall.

Spooky Stops will be arranged all over downtown, including various activities and tasting samples. Some of these stops include Brelsford WSU Visitor Center, which is giving out Cougar IX bloody red wine; Mela Bangladeshi Cuisine, which is providing free pakora; and Noshies, which is hosting hard cider tasting.

Evolve on Maine will give out prizes to trick-or-treaters who can toss bean bags in a hole. Terracotta Pullman will be providing hand-sculpted pumpkins to paint or glaze, and Sanctuary will be providing free samples of pumpkin smoothies and pumpkin waffles.

The Gladish Community and Cultural Center will host a haunted house.

DJ Goldfinger will play at the High Street Plaza, where Lumberyard will be providing food options. Admission is free. Local artists are also set to showcase their art at Pine Street Plaza.