Two Cougs earn Volleyballmag All-American honors

Timmer, Jehlárová earn honors
Magda+Jehl%C3%A1rov%C3%A1+%28left%29+and+Pia+Timmer+%28right%29+react+as+the+team+earns+a+No.+4+seed+in+the+NCAA+Volleyball+tournament%2C+Nov.+26%2C+in+Pullman%2C+Wash.+
Magda Jehlárová (left) and Pia Timmer (right) react as the team earns a No. 4 seed in the NCAA Volleyball tournament, Nov. 26, in Pullman, Wash.

To continue their offseason honors, both Magda Jehlárová and Pia Timmer earned Volleyballmag All-American honors. The 2019 freshman class duo that has dominated WSU record books likely bookend their collegiate honors together as both Pia Timmer and Magda Jehlárová were honored with an All-American bid.

Jehlárová got the higher honor, making the All-American First Team. It is not the first First Team she has made in the 2023 season as she had a dominant season in the last year of her historic WSU career. 

Her .424% hitting percentage ranked her ninth in the NCAA and first in the Pac-12 and her 1.39 blocks per set ranked her 15th in the country and first in the Pac-12, proving that she is not only one of the best middles in the Conference, but one of hte best in the the entire United States. 

Along with her dominant defense, she had 294 total kills and averaged 2.41 kills per set in the 2023 season.

Timmer on the other hand eanred an All-American Honorable Mention after another successful season as the Cougs primary offensive player. Averaging 3.40 kills per set and hitting .240%, Timmer had the most efficent season of her career and continued to climb up the WSU record books in her final season.

While finished at WSU, both these Cougs legends will continue to play volleyball. Jehlárová will play in the United States to begin her professional career and Timmer is set to start hre career in Germany.